Monday, December 29, 2008

Who are we like?

I was asked by someone recently who we (On the Soap Box) sound like. I repeated the question to some loyal fans and got a variety of responses.

I can't really answer the question. I suppose it's because I'm biased to the bands I would like to sound like. I wish my band was as ground-breaking as the Beatles. I would love to say that my lyrics are as profound as those in a Death Cab for Cutie song. I would love to compare Ben, our guitarist to Jimmy Page...but I might sound a little presumptuous.

Although, I am thoroughly impressed when Ben shreds away on the old SG! (You should check out the solo on The Rag Between My Teeth)

A friend of mine replied with a rather comprehensive list of bands that we sound like, customized for every different song on the album. But I lost the email....

Oh well, comment and let me know.


The Rag Between My Teeth - On the Soap Box

4 comments:

  1. Just to make you happy I'll say you sound like The Beatles.....but I can't honestly say you do.....but don't get me wrong,you've got the same amount of talent. So lets just say you sound like The Fray...maybe a little 311......with a touch of Jason Mraz....all musical styles I love....I guess that's why I bought your CD.And recommended it to all my friends.
    It just occurred to me.....I figured out who you sound like.................OTSB.
    Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. So if we sound like all those people together you could say that we have a...Beafraz11 kind of sound?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's what makes you happy..then sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Untitled – Interpol "Untitled"

    Hate to Say I Don't Love You – doesn't remind me of anything

    Big Eyed Mammals – 311 "Speak Easy" effect

    Punk Rush – Blink 182

    Small – Our Lady Peace (Clumsy era)

    The List of Things I've Done – Smashing Pumpkins "Lily" 'ish

    The Rag Between My Teeth – Incubus "Sick Sad Little World" solo

    Convent – The Wonders

    Wake Up Worried – Aerosmith – (Get Your Wings era)

    Are You Alright? – 3 Doors Down (The Better Life era)

    Too Good for You – Incubus "Just a Phase" transition – not similar in sound

    The Song for Your Mothers to Gossip About – Incubus (Fungus Amongus era)
    - hidden track – 311'ish riffs

    ReplyDelete